25 June 2013

Honeybears: Because They're TOO CUTE to Toss




what to do with empty honey bears, diy honeybear ideas, honey bear cups, honeybear straw, cocktail cup idea
Simple way to reuse a honeybear!




I have a serious honeybear hoarding problem. I can't throw them out. It's wrong. They're too cute. I put anything in them: dishsoap, handsoap, grenadine (?!???....it just looked cuter in a bear!)...I mean, really. When I heard about the Honey Bear Cup for toddlers with sensory issues I thought about getting one for Tristan just because IT'S A HONEY BEAR!



But then it finally occurred to me: stick a straw in them already! It's a perfect fit!









what to do with empty honey bears, diy honeybear ideas, honey bear cups, honeybear straw, cocktail cup idea
Little honeybear for him...



Yesterday I filled them up with some bubble water and added a little color for fun and we took them down to sip on while we painted the porch steps with washable chalk paint before the storm.



It was fun!






what to do with empty honey bears, diy honeybear ideas, honey bear cups, honeybear straw, cocktail cup idea
...tall honeybear for ME!


...and girls, think unique cocktail cup! Honeybears aren't just for kids.


Disclaimer: if your child has an oral or sensory issue this is NOT meant as a replacement for the bears I linked to - that's simply where I got the idea. 

3 comments :

  1. what? that's totally what amazon is selling for $13. awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahh...thanks. I can't believe I didn't think to do this sooner. But in all fairness those sensory issue bears are different. I should disclaimer that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Coco still uses her honey bear cup even though she has long outgrown the sensory issues that we originally used it for.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment - I'll totally w/b/s! If you want to read my response (which of course you will!) please click that little "subscribe by email" link you'll see next to the publish button. Blogger does not send reply-alerts unless you complete that step. xx