27 March 2012

There are 365 unbirthdays this year -

so we gathered here to cheer for the whole weekend!
One day, of which, was his official birthday.
This one isn't it.
It's his Mad Hatter Unbirthday Tea Party!

He humored me and wore the bowtie I made him for this picture only.

Setting up the table, pouring bubble tea into bubble vases.
Peeps on parade!

My very sassy husband sporting his flouncy hat and matching bowtie.

Make a wish - don't smash yet!

Oh, I see. You take after me. You'd never smash a cake but savor every drop of frosting. I get it!

raWR! Tattoo'ed tiger! Presents from our loved ones.

After the party we got the face-plant...YES!

Grandpa, I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT!


Warp Zone - today, his real birthday!


I will look rad in this.

Nyahhhhhhh clothes-shmoze!

Jip and Janneke! It's a long story - well, this book isn't a long story, but the fondness I have for these Dutch cutesies is <3
Thank you to our Netherlands fairy pen pal!

Did you know we got you this before you were born?
It's not the same Sam, but it's true.

Happy Birthday, Dear Tristan - here's a cheesecake for you!

Now I'll rock these jams! I'll rock 'em til they fall off!

Perfect ending to a Tee-party. Hangin' with Plex.


From being the scariest day of my life - his birthday has become something to celebrate. He'll never know the fear, though he'll hear the story one day. If you weren't there for it (or the star, like I was) I have to admit the re-telling is a pretty tall tale to tell. I imagine it's one he'll want to share over and over and over again. ...glad I could give him a good one!
but.
Phew, glad it's over!
I look forward to celebrating from here on out.
<3

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - I'll totally w/b/s! If you want to read my response (which of course you will!) please click that little "subscribe by email" link you'll see next to the publish button. Blogger does not send reply-alerts unless you complete that step. xx