26 August 2012

Dazed & Confused




LOST: in motherhood as my baby sprouts up, up, up and away!


Tristan turned 17 months today and it's the first time I don't really feel the need to include his adjusted age, but I'm not quite ready to let it go yet so: 15 adjusted. Today I had to run some errands downtown which I did without my handsome assistant (rare!). They included exchanging some 18 mo Carter's onesies that I realized would be over before they'd begun. So I was honest with myself got the 24 mo version. They look huge! But not nearly insane as the jammers I picked up at Children's Place for him to wear over the winter. I got the next-next size up: 2T. When I brought them home and showed Brandon he said, "What the heck are those? They're for an 11 year old!" They're so long...so long!!!

I admit I was one of Those Moms today - picking through the smaller clothes coo'ing in my head and remembering when he was so little he could grow into any outfit, no matter how small.

My favorite part of the day was when I came home. It always is, though, if I've been away. I picked up the vanilla ice cream bubbles and hit him with a surprise-storm. His face lit up with joy and he exclaimed, "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Ubbles!"

Oh, ubbles.

Sometimes I feel lost in motherhood, it's true. There are so many twists and turns that it's hard to keep up and every time you think you've caught on a new stage begins.

But it's a puzzle I also
LO
VE
.

2 comments :

  1. beautiful writing. i can already tell motherhood will be the hardest thing in the world! especially the acknowledging-your-child's-growing-up parts...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment - I'll totally w/b/s! If you want to read my response (which of course you will!) please click that little "subscribe by email" link you'll see next to the publish button. Blogger does not send reply-alerts unless you complete that step. xx