16 December 2012

Recipe for Cranberry Salsa: cha cha cha!

recipe for cranberry salsa, ideas for cranberries, ideas for salsa, cranberry recipes, salsa recipe, recipes for cranberries
Fresh Cranberry Salsa!

When we were gathering Thanksgiving ingredients Brandon bought a random bag of cranberries with an intriguing recipe on the back for...cranberry salsa? What? I never would have thought up such a thing! I didn't expect to remember, either, so I jotted it down on a recipe card (yes, I still use those!) and he picked up more cranberries tonight. Then I looked at the card (after he'd gone to get ingredients). Whoops, no green onions. Would a green bell pepper work? Why, yes, it would! So would an orange, yellow or red one, I'd assume! I looked it up online and found the same recipe from the bag here, but this is what I did:

1 bag of fresh cranberries
1/3ish c. of lime juice (zest would be great if using a fresh lime!)
Dash of salt
1/8 c. Splenda (it calls for 3/4 sugar which seemed like a LOT but we prefer tart)
Bunch of fresh cilantro
1 seeded jalapeno
1 green bell peper

Then I dropped it all into the food processor and hit 'chop'! That's all. I served it over iceberg lettuce with pineapple teriyaki chicken and shredded cheese and it ROCKED.

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - I'll totally w/b/s! If you want to read my response (which of course you will!) please click that little "subscribe by email" link you'll see next to the publish button. Blogger does not send reply-alerts unless you complete that step. xx