07 January 2013

Alphabet Pancakes!

letter pancakes, alphabet pancakes, learning at breakfast, kids breakfast ideas, things to make out of pancakes, breakfast ideas for kids
Alphabet Pancakes AKA Letter'cakes!

Good morning! This is how we've been starting our days over here - Letter'cakes! In the past I used an empty honey bottle to squeeze out letters and shapes (or make "scribble'cakes"), but then I saw several suggestions on Pinterest (where else?) to use a turkey baster. FLOP. It was so hard to get the batter up into it and then it was a painfully slow process with a lesser quality. I used it on the ABC and some other attempts that weren't worth posting. Eh, well, back to the honey squeezy bottle - and tah-dahhh!

Sweet letter success.

He loves them.

I'll call out, "Letter'cakes are ready!" and he runs to the table. He knows what they are - they are all A's O's or E's. Smart kid!

The fun doesn't stop there. I also do abstract squirrels.
post signature

2 comments :

  1. This is so cute and awesome! I'm going to have to give this a shot around here since pancakes are a huge hit! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Let me know how she likes them. I should do numbers next - he's been loving counting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment - I'll totally w/b/s! If you want to read my response (which of course you will!) please click that little "subscribe by email" link you'll see next to the publish button. Blogger does not send reply-alerts unless you complete that step. xx