16 March 2013

Meeting Neil Gaiman is Magic

meeting neil gaiman, neil gaiman book signing, neil gaiman fans
Neil Gaiman signing Fragile Things in D.C. - Flashback Saturday

...because he is magic. Yes, I confess, I am an author groupie; specifically for Neil Gaiman. This wasn't the first time, and I hope it won't be the last because everything he's signed for me went down in ashes. I remember he signed Fragile Things in pink and I hadn't had a chance to read it yet. He also signed a post card for MirrorMask in silver that was framed in my apartment.

I heard him read The Wolves in the Walls years before the artwork by Dave McKean was complete. I remember I was in randomly in Salt Lake City cutting through a bookstore when I saw it gleaming upon the shelf. I literally dropped everything and sat down with it.

My other treat was hearing the poem he wrote for Tori Amos when she had her baby which is now a children's story called Blueberry Girl.

Neverwhere is my favorite novel by far (excluding The Sandman) but I have really high hopes for The Ocean at the End of the Lane due out this summer. Perhaps there will be a booksigning tour? Perhaps.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - I'll totally w/b/s! If you want to read my response (which of course you will!) please click that little "subscribe by email" link you'll see next to the publish button. Blogger does not send reply-alerts unless you complete that step. xx