14 February 2012

Little Valentines III

Our last Valentine's Day is the last day I remember clearly.
I was happy and my pregnant belly was showing.
Tristan was wiggling around in there having late night discos and Snoopy dances.

It was our first anniversary. I didn't think there could be a busier year than the one we just had.
We decided to try a new Indian restaurant nearby. Like today, the weather was unseasonably warm.
We walked hand in hand both ways. I remember the warm breeze on my face and the sun setting as we made our way home. We got ice cream and planned to curl up and watch something together.
Our original plan had been to build a Valentine Gingerbread House,
but pregnancy takes more out a girl than she expects.

We put that project on hold.

This year we added another Valentine to our family - our precious Tristan.
We decided to have a midday pizza party and give Papa his cards. His present is still on the road.

We tried a new pizza-maker. It wasn't very good, but we still had a lot of fun eating it and those are the memories that will warm our hearts when we look back on our first Valentine's together.










In the evening I went out shopping to gather things for Tristan's upcoming birthday party.
When I got home Brandon was so happy because his present for me had arrived.
I've always wanted to try flowering tea so I'm super excited.

It's hard to believe our Indian dinner was one year ago.
I feel as if I merely blinked because it seems like yesterday. Literally...at least in my brain.

Each day I look upon Tee's resting face, his long eyelashes fanned across his cheeks and think here is the life I would have lost. Each day I look into my husband's green eyes and think the same.

It's a haunting feeling, but we were meant to survive that night.
Thank God, for my precious gentlemen.

Happy Valentine's Day!
with
LO
VE

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - I'll totally w/b/s! If you want to read my response (which of course you will!) please click that little "subscribe by email" link you'll see next to the publish button. Blogger does not send reply-alerts unless you complete that step. xx