14 August 2012

Corncastles in the City


Here are some more things about summertime in the city: we don't have sandboxes. That's OK: cornmeal in the bucket. He sure had fun, and we sure made a mess!

The other thing about city-dwelling is when you call and call your landlord about a tiny leak in the wall that, when left neglected, it eventually saturates the entire wall. Tristan looked like he'd eaten a sugar doughnut the other week - but no, just the wall. I turned up the heat. How do they fix the wall? Oh, by gluing a fiberglass wall to it naturally! It's the sort you find in preschools actually and they joked how he can color it with whatever and it will wipe right off. Well, OK, then. Future art project. I will pretend there isn't actually toxic mold growing behind all of this and pretend instead that the new plastic wall is just a bigger buffer between us and the toxins.

Moving on...

I took Tristan to the park right before the rainstorm. His eyes grew dark and large like saucers, "a-ckt. A-ckt!" Frozen, eyes trailing then stopping again as he squealed over and over with glee, "Ca-ckt!!!" Oh, CAT! My son thinks squirrels are cats! ...and who am I to argue, really, when he's never spent time with a cat and they are quite similar? So similar that I called Lily, Squirrel-Girl! We'll sort that bit of confusion out later. Today I just gave him a high-5.

1 comment :

  1. Yay! Yay! For a CAT!!!! And is T back to his thunderbird tricks ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment - I'll totally w/b/s! If you want to read my response (which of course you will!) please click that little "subscribe by email" link you'll see next to the publish button. Blogger does not send reply-alerts unless you complete that step. xx