08 September 2012

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ


Phew, I've been really busy!

This week I started school at the Alpha-Learning Home Center.
AKA -
my apartment.

We're using the Reggio Amelia Approach.


This is shaving cream in a bag intended for sensory fun!
Shortly after this photo was taken I said, "Sensory trash!" and I threw it away.
But Mamma wanted to save the trash, and even put it on the fridge for Papa to see.
She spent the next two hours wondering why the house smelled like candy.
I guess she forgot she hung shaving cream up.




Alpha-Learning is a curriculum built on learning the alphabet one letter at a time - every other week.
This week we started with A is for ALPHABET!
Next week is A is for APPLES! This is a Mamma-son collaboration.
She couldn't have gotten those apples so red if I hadn't painted them that way, but I couldn't have use scissors yet.



On the morning of our Autumn Field Trip to buy apples from the Amish I used a worm needle to sew a ceramic apple. 



We added a monkey hammock over my book/quiet corner. 



Friday morning I worked with magnetic alphabet letters. I organized them for a half hour. It was serious business. 



Autumn in a Jar: our collection from a walk that includes acorns!

Next week our focus will be apples!

1 comment :

  1. This is Awesome! T: You have a very creative momma! Hope you enjoy Arranging All of the Apples And Acorns you Acquire on your Adventures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment - I'll totally w/b/s! If you want to read my response (which of course you will!) please click that little "subscribe by email" link you'll see next to the publish button. Blogger does not send reply-alerts unless you complete that step. xx