20 February 2013

Interview with Artist Aaron Kraten

Aaron Kraten is an extremely talented artist working out of Southern California. While I don't remember where I first saw his work I do remember it was a pink-haired girl with little to no facial expression; kind of like a punk rock marionette. I was enchanted. Years later I finally bought one of his paintings - my first original piece of art! What a feeling. It dazzled. You'll never be disappointed. He is always making intricate and interesting pieces that often incorporate Polaroids and numbers; industrial and modern. 

Fun fact: he doesn't use brushes! ...a painter without brushes. Neat.


It is my pleasure to introduce Aaron Kraten's work to all of you and share a fun little interview I did with him!









artist aaron kraten, aaron kraten, interview with aaron kraten
Art by Aaron Kraten

What was the first painting you sold?
I did a painting on a car door and sold it to a man who walked into the store I was working at. * stateside a vintage clothing shop * the first place I ever displayed my paintings.

Who are your favorite artists? 

I like alot of artists but my favorite is probably Geoff Darrow * comic book artist * 

How did you meet your wife and does she influence your work? In what way/s? 

I met my wife through a mutual friend in high school, she influences my work by having her own great style.

What was your first record? Tape? CD? 

My first LP was Asia's self-titled debut album 

You can only go on one ride at Disneyland – which do you choose? 

Space Mountain 


You seem to have a lot of video games. What are your favorites? 
I really like bullet hell video games, arcade space ship shooter type games

How would you describe your artistic style? 

Mixed media with a pop culture influence 

What puts you in a creative mood? D
rawing mostly Do you ever feel blocked? There are definitely times when I feel blocked. How do you work around that feeling? I usually shift and work on other aspects of my profession like ordering paint, working on my website and other internet outlets or just drawing.





Where can your work be found? 


Online: aaronkratenart.com 
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aaron-Kraten-Art/227048542643
Instagram: http://instagram.com/aaronkraten
Tumblr: http://aaronkraten.tumblr.com/



2 comments :

  1. I had never heard of Aaron Kraten, until today. Pretty awesome work and so cool that you got a chance to interview him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool artist interview series!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment - I'll totally w/b/s! If you want to read my response (which of course you will!) please click that little "subscribe by email" link you'll see next to the publish button. Blogger does not send reply-alerts unless you complete that step. xx