26 June 2013

Cuz He Can't He Won't and He Don't Stop

Cuz He Can't He Won't and He Don't Stop: Toddlers and Skateboarding
See ya later boy...

I knew this was coming. Somewhere in between his rapt interest of skateboarding on Yo Gabba Gabba to that day in the park where he broke into a run after some man and then grabbed his board the second he stepped off...I knew I was doomed he would be bound for greatness.


"Looks like he wants a board." said the dude.
Yeah, I got that feeling too.

Skating's pretty neat and all - so is BMX'ing and other extreme sports - but when it's your baby welllllllllllll. I get butterflies. Not too badly, so I think I can handle it, but there was that day he perched on the edge of a mountain-ledge on his big wheel and I was like ohh, c'mon! Then I thought, would I let him...? TOTALLY. ...with the right equipment.

During a skateboarding competition over the weekend Tristan & Papa watched Bucky Lasek together. RAPT. Bucky's mom came running over to him before his wife and daughter could get there. Need I say more?! He's 40 and mom's still a wreck...a supportive wreck but...you know. She was cute.

So I learned a few tricks off the internet and have been teaching him.

I'll support him as long as he's interested. Helmet arrives today.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - I'll totally w/b/s! If you want to read my response (which of course you will!) please click that little "subscribe by email" link you'll see next to the publish button. Blogger does not send reply-alerts unless you complete that step. xx