09 July 2013

DIY I-SPY

diy ispy, homemade ispy, activities for kids, coffee table games, how to make an ispy

 

Would you believe me if I told you there are over 30 little things to find in here? For real! I'm still adding to it so I keep a running list (because wouldn't that be frustrating to not know if you'd found them all or what you're even looking for?!).

This is something you can make for your little ones or just as a coffee table game. I used to have an official I Spy in one of my apartments and people loved fiddling with it when they came over.

How to DIY an I-SPY


 

  • Empty container! I like jugs like this animal cracker bear but you can find them holding pretzel rods and cheese balls or whatever.

  • Several bags of lentils. I think this is four or five bags worth. Its level is 'easy', though its level 'difficult' for Tristan. It's even hard for him to turn (it's big!) so usually I put it on a table or we roll it on the floor.

  • The more lentils you add the more complex it becomes.

  • Keep your eyes peeled for little trinkets! It can get interesting and it's like a treasure hunt to put it together.


Here's what's in mine so far:


 
yellow traffic cone


roller skate

yellow jax

small pig w/ stripes

centipede frankenstein

green apple

green ball

blue ball

pink shoe

yellow cat

green thing shapped like III/

green guitar barrette

army guy

yellow monkey

parrot

yellow fire hydrant

peach teacup

tricerotops

bowl of carrots

rabbit

dog

red safety pin

paperclipe - large

big googly eye 

gold bead

doc martin button 

yellow wood duck

yellow plastic bird

penny

nickle

dime

quarter

finger monster

plastic apple

bananas

silver push pin

fork

spoon

papa's key to old apt

pink & blue dragon

pink grapes

blue sward

silver skull & cross bones

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - I'll totally w/b/s! If you want to read my response (which of course you will!) please click that little "subscribe by email" link you'll see next to the publish button. Blogger does not send reply-alerts unless you complete that step. xx