01 January 2014

hello, one-one-fourteen

good night two thousand thirteen
good night two thousand thirteen

New Year's Eve: the final high-pressure holiday of the year. What are you doing, what are you doing? We did what we do every year - we just hung out and had special family time as well as down time to ourselves...and I wouldn't have it any other way.

The last time I remember trying to do anything awesome on NYE resulted in one of my friends throwing up all over the T (Boston's subway) before 10. Some girls took her home in a cab with her head hanging out the window. I continued on to the ice sculpture garden in Copley Square where I rang in the New Year on the BPL's (AKA the LIBRARY) steps with all the other misfits. I wondered why there is such pressure to be awesome while the clock ticks and clicks over. The sculptures were super awesome...that is probably my favorite memory of going out. Not all that other stuff before.

Oh, and I've worked the bars on NYE. That's always [not] fun.

2013. We had a pizza party and Tristan wore his new dancing pizza slices shirt to it. Pizza is joy. We had sparkling cider in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle shot glasses &  Tristan cried out, "Cherrrz, cherrrz!" as our tiny glasses clinked.

We still had bedtime battles...until 11. By that point Brandon was watching Game of Thrones reruns and I settled down to loose leaf tea, Buffy, and some new crafts I'm working on in my 'spare time.' I also pre-cut some elastics and singed the edges. I prep stuff that can't be done around Tristan to get it to the point where I can.

He thinks fires are birthday cakes so you can imagine why I don't like him seeing my lighter singe the ribbons; especially after what happened. CAKE, CAKE! No, dude. That's...............fire. But I'm thankful he has a more pleasant outlook on it than I do.

I looked up at midnight and got my kiss. Then around 1 our little guy woke up from his spot on the floor and joined us as we got ready for bed...and stayed up til 4 a.m. We missed the Rose Parade this morning but that's OK. I think I'm the only one here who's into it.

Oh, and we danced! to the Stray Cats, Queen, Yaz, and Aquabats. Not at 4! That was after the pizza.

I finished A Song of Ice and Fire ::sob:: and have started Stephen King's Joyland. I love it so far, but it's impossible to disentangle from Westeros.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - I'll totally w/b/s! If you want to read my response (which of course you will!) please click that little "subscribe by email" link you'll see next to the publish button. Blogger does not send reply-alerts unless you complete that step. xx