28 January 2013

Yo Gabba Gabba LIVE! and Muno Felt Tutorial on Mommy & Me Monday


yo gabba gabba live philadelphia, ygg philadelphia, babies and live shows, first live show
GABBA LIVES!

We went on a special double-date this weekend with our mom-son friends to see Yo Gabba Gabba! LIVE! We couldn't miss it - and I'm so glad we didn't! It was a blast!

Yo Gabba Gabba Live, Yo Gabba Philadelphia, Muno felt tutorial, Muno hairclip DIY, muno on a stick
DIY Muno Felt Hair Clip and Muno-on-a-stick

This was Tristan's first show. I wasn't sure how he'd react but I was thankful for the nosebleed section. I'm fairly certain he'd freak out if he met Brobee in real life. Not in a fan-todd way, either. LIKE, FREAK OUT!!!!!!! RUN!

When we got there he was all about climbing the twinkly staircase. I was thinking this might be a nightmare - I'd have to do stairs for two hours - but I captured him in time for the stage to light up. DJ Lance Rock appeared on the big screen just like on TV........................except he then walked out while confetti exploded!!!!!!! 

I think Tristan's expression matched mine when I saw Guns N Roses back in '92 at Boston Garden on St Patrick's Day (YES! IT HAPPENED FOR REAL!). Except I snapped out of it. Tristan froze in awe and confusion: how is this happening? his face asked. THE WHOLE TIME. His applause after each song was loud, strong, and passionate. Oh Gabba, if only you could have seen. It was his groove-nod.

Biz Markie made his appearance in the second half surprising all the parents by breaking into ohhh bayyybeeee youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu - got what I neeeeeeeeee-eeeeed! and it was just awesome in general. If you could fly back in time to when that song would play over and over on the radio and tell me that one day I'd be bouncing my baby boy to Biz beatboxing and raving out to child-friendly strobe lights I would certainly have thought you were joking.

But it happened. Yo Gabba Gabba really are the magic words.

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - I'll totally w/b/s! If you want to read my response (which of course you will!) please click that little "subscribe by email" link you'll see next to the publish button. Blogger does not send reply-alerts unless you complete that step. xx