08 July 2013

How Do I Look?

activities for couples, bonding ideas, ways to bring spouses closer, conversation starter, drawing each other



It's a question we ask people in our lives frequently: BFF's, girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives...

What if we turned it into a Pictionary moment?



Brandon and I spent a lot of time talking and bonding over the holiday weekend. It was nice. Last week or so I'd asked if he'd like to write a guest post on Urban Flowerpot because he's such a fantastic writer (he will someday). He hadn't done it by the time I was ready to publish, so I joked that he couldn't keep up with blogging pace. Which then earned me an epic poem full of cheekiness.

Here's what we'd done - and it was so fun I wanted to share it with all of you.

Draw me as you see me.




How do I look to you?

He calls me princess sometimes and I'll scoff and say, princess, I'm no princess. Princess of what? He'll say something like well a dark evil one...IN A GOOD WAY! 




So draw me, I said.



He pulled out Tristan's art pad and Crayola markers and became very intense and quiet. He is truly my favorite artist but rarely draws so I sucked in my breath and made sure he wasn't disturbed.



BAM! so there I was...and yeah, I know, he was generous. When asked about my cartoon jacked rack he goes, well, you said draw you as IIIIIiiiiiiii see you!



Touche, right?



Now draw me!!!




I can't draw. I could work in some other medium that would better express how I see him but this was drawing...and sometimes the ungifted have to swallow their pride and just scribble-scrabble.



So I drew him. I realized I'd made his weights so small it might be insulting so I added a bigger circle. If you squint you can see I included his rabbit tattoo which is my favorite. He got it because he loves The Velveteen Rabbit and I think that's cute. 



He loved it and wants it in a frame. I guess when you love someone it doesn't matter if you aren't Picasso. 



Give it a try with your love, your friend, your child...I promise it'll be so fun!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - I'll totally w/b/s! If you want to read my response (which of course you will!) please click that little "subscribe by email" link you'll see next to the publish button. Blogger does not send reply-alerts unless you complete that step. xx