13 August 2013

Upcycled Magazine Painting

alternative paper for painting, types of paper for painting, kids art paper recycled
Glossy fashion art paper!
Love paint? Need paper.

Subscribe to magazines? Got paper.

This spring a glorious fashion spread was laid out in Marie Claire magazine but since I'm no longer in college with white lacquered cinderblock walls I don't tear and tape anymore. Occasionally I'll frame a really great image. True story.

But now I have my own little artist: Tristan. What would he do if I gave him the images to enhance?

Gorgeous upcycled art! WIN.

Recently I saw an adult take on this idea where someone painted all the models into sugar skulls - so very Dia de los Muertos and it was love. As he gets older we could pick themes and make them super hero models, glowing aliens, or creatures with antlers. 

Anyway, I kept these up for a long time and then they were very easy to scan (which is how I save most of his artwork) so I wanted to be sure to pass this idea along. I know that if it were just Brandon and me we'd probably turn this idea into a date night...we love working on projects together. C is for clubbing crafting and that's always a good time!

1 comment :

  1. Ok so since I'm a little slow I have toask, you just paint on the magazine pages? Never thought of that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment - I'll totally w/b/s! If you want to read my response (which of course you will!) please click that little "subscribe by email" link you'll see next to the publish button. Blogger does not send reply-alerts unless you complete that step. xx