13 September 2013

Sunshine Alpacas

sunshine-alpacas


Healing is hard with a toddler. There is a lot of bending and moving; it makes me dizzy. My skeleton grin is healing nicely from the outside. I have had some moments that catch me on the inside and cause me to grip whatever is near; clutch through the waves of pain. It's been two weeks now. If I look back on yesterday it feels the same but if I think about where I was a week ago I'm heaps better.

Luckily we haven't had any deliveries so I haven't had to deal with the stairway to heaven/hell...'cause you know sometimes words have two meanings. I've had to go up and down a couple times in the last two days and the most horrifying thing to me? My muscles hurt! I'm losing my stairwell-edge!

stairway-to-hell

I'm not that upset. I live here and can usually sprint up and down six times before breaking breath so when I recover I'll reconquer.

It's breaking my heart that I haven't been able to take Tristan out. I've held him a couple of times for the biggest hugs and so my strength is slowly returning.

Meals have been so helpful - and! I discovered the freezer section of my online grocery store! (duh, right?)

Bookworm update: almost done with Walking Dead's Compendium One (noOOoo! what will I do without Two?!); a third of the way through Stephen King's On Writing (I never thought Stevie King would make me cry from sorrow but there's another never broken, right?); 75% through A Clash of Kings.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - I'll totally w/b/s! If you want to read my response (which of course you will!) please click that little "subscribe by email" link you'll see next to the publish button. Blogger does not send reply-alerts unless you complete that step. xx