17 February 2012

One year later...

at this moment I was being led away from the Red Cross shelter by Bee. The firefighters told us we'd be allowed to return home tomorrow and that's when I'd find my cats. I was certain they were hiding under the bed and needed me to come tell them it was all right to come out now.



We all know that isn't how it turned out.



The next morning I'd rush to the building to clean up our apartment only to find a horrific version of nothing.



Later that day, staying at our friends' home Brandon put his hands on my belly and felt Tristan moving for only one of a handful of times. He was thrashing. I needed to calm down.



It was a miracle we weren't home.



There isn't a day that goes by that I don't look at my miracle and thank the Lord.







Bee and I could never imagine life without this gummy grin.

It lights up my day.



Thank you to everyone who's helped us rebuild our home.

You've given us new memories and hope.



Thank you to everyone who's been a friend to me during this mess.

There isn't much to say in response, I know, but your listening has helped keep me together.





xOxx.

1 comment :

  1. i've been reading all of these posts and haven't known what to say. i can't imagine what it was like, and i'm so sorry it happened.

    but tee is such a bright ray of sunshine and your memories from before the fire look so full of life and joy. i'm glad the fire couldn't take that away.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment - I'll totally w/b/s! If you want to read my response (which of course you will!) please click that little "subscribe by email" link you'll see next to the publish button. Blogger does not send reply-alerts unless you complete that step. xx